Thursday, December 15, 2011

My Mother


The one who gave birth to me has also been a big influence on me.  She is teacher and always has interesting stories to tell. She’s a social butterfly and a great mother as well.  She’s my chauffer, my chef, my counselor, and my teacher. She is there when mess up and she is there to laugh at all of my mistakes.
When I was little I wanted to learn karate. One day I got video to teach karate from the library and when I got home I practiced whatever I saw in the video. To this day my mom laughs when she remembers me doing this.

Actually she laughs at me rather a lot. One time she laughed at me for just making a bowl a cereal. Not to mention the times I showed her something I thought was cool and she laughed at me. One time, I showed my mom this new dance move I learned from a TV show and once I started doing the dance, she started to laugh at me. Now that I think about it, my mom has laughed at me loads of times. Every time she remembers me doing something that I thought fun, she would laugh at me. Now I’m not saying my mom laughs everything, because she doesn’t, she just laughs at me and whatever enjoyable thing that I thing I decide do. After a couple times of her laughing extremely hard at me, I started to get over it the frustration of this situation reoccurring humiliation from a parental. I guess you can you say I learned not to take the frustration too seriously, from my mother. Her laughter taught me frustration only lasts for a moment and if you let go of whatever discouraged you, the frustration will go away. My mother taught me that discouragement and frustration will happen but, it is up to you to decide how to handle it.

No comments:

Post a Comment